The Zero Hunger Food Bank program takes care of nutritional issues in students of Lotus Petal Foundation. Nutritionist approved, freshly prepared breakfast and lunch are provided to the students of Lotus Petal Foundation to meet their nutrition requirement.
The Zero Hunger Food Bank expanded in 2020 after the program scope was enhanced to provide relief food supply to daily wage earners and migrant labourers during the Covid-19 pandemic from April 2020 to March 2022. 8,44,352+ cooked meal boxes and 1,155 ration kits were distributed during this period.
The industrial kitchen at Dhunela campus started operations in March 2023. It has a capacity of preparing 10,000 meals per day. The dining hall in the campus is a 1000-seater hall. The kitchen caters to the students of Lotus Petal Sr. Secondary School and Jeevika Skill Development Center.
Meals are also prepared at our FSSAI registered A+ kitchen in Silokhera, South City 1 campus that has a capacity of 2000 meals per day. The kitchen caters to students of Vidyananda School and Pratishthan Learning Center.
- Freshly prepared breakfast & lunch provided to the students since 2014.
- FSSAI certified A+ in-house kitchen in South City 1
- Lunch is provided as per Government mid-day meal guidelines.
- New program name coined in 2020 the scope was expanded to provide relief food supply to needy families during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Meals are prepared in consultation with the nutritionist to meet the nutritional requirements of our children
- Only seasonal and locally sourced ingredients are used for food preparation.
- Special breakfast porridge for primary school students, which includes milk, mixed with a toddler breakfast cereal, all whipped together with Omega 3 / DHA supplement and mashed banana.
- Lunch cooked with low-spiced seasonal produce aims at serving the children 12 to 15 grams of protein each day with an adequate amount of carbohydrate.